- Through the » In theory «, when you’re starting a different sort of system for usage during the a connection, Studies uses the sentences «Honey, I’m home!», «I’ll join your», and you can «You are not my mother!» When questioned about the last’s noticeable upset characteristics, Studies reverts so you’re able to an even more characteristic response from «You aren’t my personal mommy.» It’s meant you to Research was looking to behave like «character models» he’d found in the ship’s computer.
- When you look at the » The next step «, while you are informing an effective transporter master to utilize a console towards the link so you’re able to search having opportunity fields, Investigation states he will customize an emitter in order to «get rid of the industries, once they truly are remote.»
- Inside the » Time’s Arrow «, whenever requested by bellboyJack London area what the host they are strengthening was «going to be», Investigation responds hesitantly, «Precisely what do do you believe it is… likely to be?»
- Within the » Genetics «, when updating Frontrunner Riker about their position, Research says «we will end up being to brand new ray out point soon.»
- For the option upcoming timeline type during the » Every Good stuff. » as well as for all the TNG videos, Data is shown playing with contractions.
In reality, «Datalore» failed to explicitly assert one to Analysis are struggling to having fun with contractions, simply he generally didn’t make use of them, and this their tendency would be to «explore code… formally.» Inside the » The Kids «, Lal’s capability to use contractions is actually illustrated given that a progress beyond Data’s efficiency, but Data’s real words was he hasn’t «mastered» its have fun with. Maybe exactly what he previously perhaps not «mastered» was the capability to make use of them spontaneously, within the everyday message.
On their demise for the «New Young ones», Investigation downloads Lal’s programming and you will memory records into the his or her own positronic matrix, in order that she doesn’t have to be entirely «lost.» Offered the girl apparent «mastery» off natural contraction fool around with during their short-term lifetime, this could then identify Data’s liberal the means to access contractions beyond 2366.
From the «Unique Crew Character: Lt. Cmdr. Data» regarding TNG Season 6 Digital video disc features, Data’s periodic accessibility contractions is actually pointed out as frequently being a blunder throughout the script – the fresh writers do commonly mistakenly write him or her for the or miss them during the edits – otherwise one Spiner perform slip up for the their lines and rehearse the greater amount of natural contraction instead of Data’s official address patterns.
The latest graphic novel New Gorn Crisis demonstrated Studies inside the Dominion War, where he was capable enhance the Federation forge an alliance on the Gorn in 2375, beating a beneficial Gorn chief inside the treat which means that showing you to definitely People ingenuity was advanced and you will more powerful than the newest Gorn.
New novel Brand new Buried Ages examines Data’s very first come upon with Picard, which have Picard promising Research to say himself and work beyond what their managers consult off him; in advance of fulfilling Picard, Study got found deficiencies in career advancement since the guy usually did the job in front of him simply because they didn’t accidentally him to get themselves next or require sort of tasks over other people, sticking with this new strings of command rather than thinking of going beyond the guidelines. Right down to his procedures throughout the book, in which he uncovers and averts attempts to ruin new not as much as-build Galaxy-group starships while the a historical alien implants slight flaws in their structure requirements, Information is promoted so you can lieutenant chief and you may considering an area into the a galaxy-class boat if they are complete.
Yet not, the brand new afterwards book Greater than the sum of the sets that the Federation Council overturned the decision and offered B-cuatro the right to like his very own destiny
The fresh new TNG Relaunch book Resistance observe within the case of whether or not B-cuatro perform getting Research, whenever Picard and you will La Forge are forced to deactivate B-4 and you will post him away to own studies, that have accepted the minutes where B-cuatro presented the means to access Data’s memories were only random incidents alternatively than any sign that he had definitively changed.